There are a few things to consider before buying COVID-19 health insurance, some of which are explained below:
- Sum insured: A person diagnosed with COVID-19 can have a severe respiratory disease that can affect the overall functioning of the body, and treatment can cost a lot, especially if someone has an underlying medical condition. An appropriate amount of insurance should be provided for COVID-19 health insurance so that you and your family members are adequately insured when necessary.
- Coverage: Most COVID-19 health insurance plans will cover you for hospital stays, pre-hospital costs, post-hospital costs, roadside ambulance costs, OPD costs, etc. Family, look for as many insurance benefits as possible so that you don’t have any problems at the time of the claim.
- Waiting period: The waiting time is the time you have to wait after taking out health insurance to be able to make a claim. Most COVID-19 health insurance plans have an initial waiting period of 30 days, while others have a shorter waiting period. Waiting times like 16 days or 15 days. So be sure to check the waiting time before taking out health insurance.
Tips for buying COVID-19 insurance
Experts warn that great caution should be exercised when taking out COVID insurance. Here are some tips that you should follow to make the best, most informed decision when purchasing a Corona Mediclaim Policy:
- You should look for an easy and quick claims settlement process and make sure that the insurance company you choose offers you the same so that you or our family members will have no trouble in case of an emergency.
- Be sure tocheck the exclusions and limitations of your CoronaMediclaim policy.It is important to understand the details of the policy so that you don’trun intoobstacles at the time of settling the claim.
- Be sure to check the list of network hospitals in India to avoid making last minute decisions at the time of the emergency. Make sure the hospital you choose is close to your location and has the facilities to deal with emergencies that arise due to the new hospital coronavirus.