Amid the second deadly wave of COVID-19 in India, registration for vaccination of anyone over the age of 18 can start today via the Co-Win app.
On Monday, the Union government announced that the third phase of COVID-19 vaccination in India will begin May 1 and anyone over the age of 18 will be able to receive the vaccine.
Registration for all eligible persons will start on April 28th on the CoWIN platform and the Aaroygya Setu app. The vaccination process and the documents provided to receive the sting remain the same. According to the Union Ministry of Health, registration can be done at cowin.gov .in.
Take a look at the step-by-step instructions to sign up for the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Step 1: Go to the Co-Win portal via the website https://www.cowin.gov.in/home.
- Step 2: Enter your mobile number and you will be given an OTP to verify the mobile number.
- Step 3: After entering the OTP, a page will open where you need to enter details such as name, age, gender and place of residence.
- Step 4: Photo ID is required for proof of identity, which can be your Aadhar card, driver’s license, passport, etc.
- Step 5: After you have registered your address and entered the PIN code, you will be shown the hospitals in your area from which you can choose as you wish. You can also get vaccinated in private hospitals as well as government institutions.
To order the coronavirus vaccination Drive in the country, the Indian government announced on April 19 a “liberalized and accelerated” phase 3 strategy of COVID-19 vaccination from May 1st.
Meanwhile, total vaccination across the country has further exceeded 14.77 crore with more than 24 lakh doses of vaccine as of 8:00 p.m. Tuesday, the Union Ministry of Health said.